Wednesday, October 6, 2010

LanSchool Technology Review

Lanschool is a computer program that allows you to interact with your student(s) using a computer for classroom work.

*Reduces Distractions for Student: It helps eliminate many distractions that can interfere with a student completing his work by limiting web browsing on student computers and blanking screens. It also can help eliminate distractions such as games and messaging.
*Monitors Students: It helps monitor student activity within a classroom setting. Teachers have the ability to send messages to the students and allows all screens to be viewed with the current application running.
* Assess Student Understanding: Students can be polled during a lecture with true/false or multiple choice questions.
*Individual help:  Students can silently request help from the teacher by submitting a question that appears on their computer screen along with a question mark to alert the teacher there is a question or help is needed.
*Monitor Internet History :  Monitor all history
* Screen snapshot: Provides a snapshot of student's current computer screen. Parent/teacher are able to easily see if they are on task.
*Limit Printing:  Print options can be disabled on any of the computers set up with it.
*Web Limiting:  Limit website accessiblity

The goal of LanSchool is to help educators teach more effectively with innovative software solutions.

It is priced at 99.00 for the home version.  I phone or I pad apps are available for free at the I tunes store.

I think this is an excellent product for a homeschool that has students doing a good amount of work from their computer or for an older student.  Currently my children do not do schoolwork from a computer so it did not fit our needs at this time.  However, I can certainly see it coming in very handy in the future with multiple children as they begin to use the computer on a more regular basis.




*****I was offered this product at no charge for review purposes only. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment