Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Early Modern History Schedule

The following review is for an Early Modern History Schedule. For those of you who have thought of history as boring, I highly encourage you to take a look at this history schedule.
 It is structured around The Well Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home by Susan Wise Bauer.  This schedule lays out the day to day lesson plans for 36 weeks and includes a list of suggested curriculum choices, book lists and materials shopping list.  Each of the week's lesson includes review questions and an answer key. There are helpful icons included on each week's page spreadsheet of assignments that help the teacher to quickly see when  activites are scheduled. Some of those activities include a mapping exercise, history summary, history songs and reading narration. 
The Content for this schedule includes:
7 week unit on the Explorers
5 week unit on the 13 Colonies
8 week unit on Colonial Americ
5 week unit "Road to Independence"
11 week unit on the American Revolution. 

Each week's lessons also include assignments from other Easy Classical Resources that need to be purchased separately. 

I enjoyed implementing the schedule alongside the history program I was using.  It was very organized and easy to read and easy to use.  I would recommend it to those using the classical and non classical approach.  One certainly does not have to be using the classical method to implement this history schedule. 
The digital copy price is 29.95.
The Notebook version is 35.95
This history schedule is 106 pages an is intended for grades K-6.



I received a  digital copy for free for review purposes only.  The opinions expressed are solely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment